A booking can be considered as confirmed once full payment and completed booking forms have been received by The Adventure Revolution and we have issued you with a booking confirmation. This booking confirmation forms the contract between The Adventure Revolution and the client(s) and comes into effect from the date the confirmation is issued.
The Adventure Revolution – Prior to the start of your activity you will be required to complete and sign a booking registration form providing details of emergency contacts and any medical conditions the leader needs to be aware of together with the declarations included at the end of this document.
The Adventure Revolution will always do their best to accommodate reasonable requests to alter your booking such as a change to the names of clients included in your booking or, in the case of private guiding, a change to the itinerary. If there are associated costs relating to such a change we reserve the right to discuss these costs with you and make an additional charge for them if the alteration is agreed.
If you are unable to attend due to Covid-19 you will be able to reschedule within a 12 month period.
We strongly recommend clients consider taking out appropriate cancellation insurance. In the event of a booking being cancelled by a client, The Adventure Revolution will refund the client as follows:
- Cancellations more than 30 days from the start of the activity will receive a 75% refund, excluding any additional costs incurred by The Adventure Revolution for accommodation, or the option to change to an alternative date that we can accomodate.
- Cancellations 30 days or less from the start of the activity will not be refunded.
If you are unable to attend due to Covid-19 you will be able to reschedule within a 12 month period.
In exceptional circumstances The Adventure Revolution may need to cancel your booking. If The Adventure Revolution cancel your booking you will have a choice of receiving a full refund or changing your booking to an alternative date or activity of equal value. If you prefer to change to an activity of a higher value you will be required to pay the difference. We will not be liable for any additional costs or expenses incurred as a result of such a cancellation.
Open group walks operate with a minimum number of 2 participants. If you are the only person to book on a walk or course we may contact you to offer you the choice of swapping to an alternative date or activity or to receive a full refund. Navigation Training courses, private guiding and other bespoke activities have no minimum numbers.
Bad Weather & Other External Factors
Activities will generally take place regardless of the weather on the day unless the leader considers that conditions could compromise the safety of the group. No refunds will be made if a client decides to cancel as a result of weather conditions.
Other factors such as, but not limited to, landslides, flooding, footpath and rights of way restrictions can also impact the ability to undertake a planned itinerary. As a result, changes may need to be made at the leader’s discretion. We reserve the right to make changes to the itinerary or to cancel the booking where appropriate or for safety reasons.
Leader Authority & Client Behaviour
When taking part in an activity you must abide by the authority of the leader. If you commit any illegal act or in the reasonable opinion of the leader your behaviour is likely to be disruptive, threatening, abusive, a danger to yourself or causing or likely to cause danger, distress, damage to property or annoyance to others or the leader, or if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol then we may terminate your participation in the activity without any liability on our part.
This includes clients who fail to advise us of medical conditions or disabilities or have an insufficient level of fitness which prevents their participation in the activity or adversely impacts the ability of other clients to participate in the activity as planned. This also includes clients who, in the opinion of the leader, are not appropriately equipped or clothed to safely participate in the activity or who do not follow the recommended covid-19 social distancing or do not have hand sanitiser.
Children under the age of 18 are only accepted by prior agreement on our activities. Any people under the age of 18 must be accompanied by THEIR parents or legal guardians who agree to take full responsibility for their actions and safety and supervision of them at all times, also ensuring that they follow social distancing guidance. This means people under 18 being within sight and sound of their parent or legal guardian and under their control at all times.
For any child under 16 the information provided on our booking forms and the declarations below must be provided and signed for by the child’s parent or legal guardian. In providing and signing for this information you are confirming that the information is correct, that you will ensure that your child understands, as far as reasonably practicable, and is aware of the information provided, as well as the description and risks of the activity. You also confirm that your child has the relevant fitness and/or experience to participate in the activity and that you accept the risks for your child and give consent for them to take part.
Insurance, Risk and Liability
The Adventure Revolution will take all reasonable measures to ensure your safety.
Please note however that outdoor activities including walking involve risk and have a danger of personal injury or death. Anyone taking part shall be aware of, and accept these risks, and agree to be responsible for their own actions and involvement and to raise any concerns or questions with the leader.
The Adventure Revolution has full public and professional liability insurance, and we advise you to take out your own personal accident and liability insurance and appropriate cancellation insurance. If you already have insurance cover, please check that it covers you for the activity you are undertaking.
Our website, social media, emails and printed materials are to our best knowledge accurate and produced in good faith. Clients must have a good written and spoken understanding of English so as to understand the information and risks of their activity and information or guidance provided by the leader on the day. The Adventure Revolution can’t take responsibility for any misunderstandings resulting from a client not reading or understanding this information. The Adventure Revolution can’t accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your personal effects, property or vehicles during an activity.
The Adventure Revolution does not normally accept dogs other than registered assistance dogs on group walks or training. If you wish to bring a dog on a private guiding or private experience booking then please advise us of this prior to booking so we can discuss whether this can be accommodated.
Health and Fitness
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that you and those you are booking on behalf of are medically and physically fit for the activity to be undertaken and that you and those you are booking on behalf of have obtained medical advice about the suitability to undertake the activity where appropriate.
We ask clients to inform the activity leader if they suffer from any allergies, medical conditions, disabilities or injuries. If a client’s health and fitness situation changes after making the booking they should make us aware of such changes.
If your booking includes food, please ensure that any food allergies and/or dietary requirements are clearly highlighted to The Adventure Revolution at the time of booking so these details can be passed on to the business providing the food so they can see if they are able to adapt a dish to accommodate allergies or intolerances. These requirements must also be highlighted by the client to the activity leader at the start of the activity and to the business providing the food on arrival at their premises.
The Adventure Revolution takes pride in the service it provides to our clients. However, if you are unhappy, any complaint should first be made to your leader, as soon as possible, and ideally at the time. Your leader will endeavour to find a solution that is acceptable to you but must also consider the group as a whole. If for some reason the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction then you should put it in writing and send to our contact address or email us within 4 weeks of the end of your activity. All complaints will be fully investigated and we will keep you informed.
I and those I am booking on behalf of understand that outdoor activities including walking involve risk and have a danger of personal injury or death. Anyone taking part shall be aware of, and accept these risks, and agree to be responsible for their own actions and involvement and to raise any concerns or questions with the leader.
I and those I am booking on behalf of will participate in a responsible manner, conscious both of our own safety and of the impact of our conduct on the safety of others, and hold in mind our individual duty of care to all in our company.
Equipment & Clothing
I and those I am booking on behalf of have read the recommended equipment and clothing for the trip and confirm that I/we will come appropriately equipped and clothed for the weather on the day including appropriate footwear with good grip. I will also bring my own hand sanitiser for use during the activity. If in doubt please contact us to discuss.
I confirm that I and those I am booking on behalf of are medically and physically fit for the activity to be undertaken and that you and those you are booking on behalf of have obtained medical advice about the suitability to undertake the activity where appropriate.
I and those I am booking on behalf understand the importance of notifying the walk leader of any medical conditions, disabilities, injuries, allergies or medications that will be carried that they should be aware of. This is in order that they can deal more effectively with any emergencies.
I confirm that I will follow the guidance on social distancing and hand sanitisation and that I meet the latest UK Government Covid-19 guidance:
- I do not have symptoms (new continuous cough, high temperature >37.8°C, loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell).
- I have not been told or otherwise required to self-isolate or advised not to take part due to shielding (e.g. a household/bubble member has had symptoms, have been in close contact with someone who’s tested positive within 14 days, have been contacted by track and trace service).
If my circumstances change prior to the event I shall inform The Adventure Revolution as soon as possible.
I understand and accept that it is not possible to completely eliminate the risks associated with Covid-19.
Photos of our clients may be used in The Adventure Revolution publicity, on our website or on our Social Media. Please indicate on the registration form if you or any member of your group are not happy for this to happen.
Agreement to Terms & Conditions
By making a booking I confirm that I agree that I have read and understood and accept the terms and conditions.
- Walks are subject to availability. Refunds and cancellations are subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
- If you have any specific accessibility requirements or questions concerning our guided walks, please notify us at the time of booking. Every effort will be made to accommodate your needs however, there may be limitations to some or all of the itinerary.
- Your email confirmation of your reserved walk is required at the time of registration on the day.
- The following notice is required in the event of the need to cancel your booking:
- Termination of booking less than 24 hours preceding the walk will entitle you to a 30% refund.
- Termination of booking less than 48 hours preceding the walk course will entitle you to a 50% refund.
- Termination of booking more than 48 hours preceding the walk will entitle you to a full refund.
- Change of walk dates also incur the above charges.
- All other changes to your booked walk must me made by email or telephone at least 24 hours before your walk.
- All views, opinions and clinical information articulated and conveyed by your Walk Guide are explicitly their own. The Training Revolution Ltd is not accountable or held answerable for any of their expressed opinions.
- We reserve the right to make modifications and amendments to previously announced walks where it is considered realistically necessary.
- The Training Revolution Ltd accepts no responsibility whatsoever for loss of personal property brought along for your guided walk.
- All attendees agree to adhere and comply with the safety requirements whilst walking through all land we have permission to do so.
- In the event you are unable to attend you may transfer your booking to a friend or colleague, this can be done up to 24 hours prior to the walk.
- Payments are made using Stripe and are subject to Stripe’s own privacy and data protection.
- Your details entered in the booking form will be used for the purposes or securing your place/places and, to send you news and offers for upcoming and new Walks. You can unsbscribe from these mailings by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email footer.